Website Working World
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: 70,000/year
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
- 5+ years experience configuring and administering in production in MSSQL and MySQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, Engineering or similar
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Proven experience managing large and complex databases
- After hours maintenance window on a limited basis
- Ensuring data integrity, which means that data are complete, accurate and current for the tasks at hand.
- Controlling data security, including preventing unauthorized access to the data and protecting against other security threats.
- Setting data privacy, which means that only authorized individuals can see certain data.
- Maintain SQL server high availability and disaster recovery using clustering, AlwaysOn Availability groups, database mirroring, and replication. Familiarity with Galera replication is preferred.
- Identify database requirements by analyzing applications, programming, and operations; evaluate existing systems and propose modifications and integrations.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back up, and recovery specifications.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending best access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimal values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluate operating systems and hardware products.
- Create standards and execute processes for installing, configuring, securing, and monitoring My SQL and MSSQL in a high-availability environment.
- Solve performance issues of database applications by implementing changes to database objects and/or working with developers/vendors on application tuning efforts.
- Protect company assets by keeping information confidential.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Assist in troubleshooting, performance tuning and general problem solving of SQL environment-patching
- Basic understanding of PCI and HIPAA certification requirements as it relates to system requirements and best practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org