Website Working World
Job Title: Machinist
Job Duration: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Hours: 7am – 3:30pm
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
- Previous CNC lathe and mill experience
- Previous manual lathe and mill experience
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Good math skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using various measurement tools including micrometers and calipers
- Must have a good understanding of machines and tools and how they work
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Use grinders to remove excess materials from machined parts.
- Polish finished parts.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Measure, examine, and test completed products in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Use hand tools and power tools in order to examine parts for defects.
- Fit an assemble finished parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org