Website Working World
Job Title: Mold Setter
Job Duration: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: BOE
Location: Johnsburg, IL
- 1 to 2 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship
- Previous experience reading blueprints and precision measuring instruments
- Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Sets up and adjusts automatic compression, injection, or transfer machines used to mold plastic materials to specified shape.
- Reads specifications to determine machine setup and prescribed temperature and time settings.
- Positions, aligns, and secures assembled mold or mold components, and machine accessories, onto machine press bed according to guide marks.
- Attaches connecting lines, such as air, oil, or water to mold and adjust controls to regulate mold temperature.
- Sets machine controls and turns dials to regulate specified machine forming pressure and plastic curing time in mold.
- Starts machine to produce sample products.
- Measures and visually inspects sample product for surface and dimensional defects using microscopes, micrometers, and gauges. Adjusts machine setup to eliminate defects.
- Repairs and maintains machines and auxiliary equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org