Website Working World
Job Title: Purchasing
Job Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: 45K-55K/year
Location: McHenry County
- Associates degree or university program certificate in purchasing or related work discipline. A Bachelor’s degree in business is desirable
- 2 to 4 years related work experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Experience with ERP system is a must. Specifically Made2Manage is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common business correspondence, specifications, invoices, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math and algebra (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to a wide range of intellectual and piratical problems.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, component parts, services, and supplies from new and existing vendors.
- Responsible for professional communications with other departments and effective cross functional problem solving.
- Communicates company material or service requirements and negotiates best quality, price and delivery.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Reconciles bill of materials to customer specifications.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for errors or omissions and works with engineering to make corrections when necessary.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Coordinates purchasing and delivery schedule needs based on ERP system dates.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Reorders all bulk parts when necessary to maintain stocking levels.
- Visits with local suppliers to establish and improve business relationships.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality, pr performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Coordinates with Receiving/Maintenance Mechanic on ordering housekeeping, maintenance, and first-aid supplies.
- Matches vendor invoices to packing lists prior to sending to Finance.
- Expedites materials when required.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventory.
- Performs such additional assignments as immediate supervisor may direct.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com