Website Working World
Job Title: Teacher
Job Duration: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: $9-$12/hour based on Certifications
Hours: 8AM – 5PM
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children at all times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the children both as individuals and as a group. Familiarize yourself with the Emergency Plan posted in each classroom – fire exits, tornado and lockdown drills.
- Plan curriculum in detail for assigned classes, with team-teacher.
- Implement the daily program. Implement all components of the Creative Curriculum and document each child’s progress using the Teaching Strategies evaluation tool and an individual portfolio for each child.
- Screen each child twice per year using the Ages and Stags Questionnaire 3.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences twice per year and discuss portfolios and screening results and goals for each child.
- Insure that playground time is supervised making sure that the children are safe and circulate continuously on the playground while interacting with each child.
- Plan curriculum activities to implement during playground time.
- Serve meals and/or snacks and sit with the children while they eat. Mark meal count sheets when a meal is consumed.
- Adhere to Excellerae requirements and/or DCFS licensing standards.
- Arrange for field trips and write “Thank You” notes for trips.
- Decorate the room with bulletin boards, pictures, children’s art work, etc. Keep room arrangements fresh and within accepted guidelines. This requires the ability to lift equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Clean up after meals; take out trash after lunch; wipe spills as they occur. Keep bathrooms and sink areas clean. Sanitize tables, chairs, toys, etc. These routines are to be done daily.
- Purchase minor supplies after prior approval of the Director which will be reimbursed upon furnishing receipts.
- Attend workshops and/or conferences throughout the year, accumulating at least 20 hours of in-service yearly for current employees. Employees are required to register with Gateways Registry and check it periodically to make certain training is listed. They must also self report any non-verified training to the registry (e.g. First Aid and CPR).
- Keep Director informed, in advance, of program needs.
- Report to director any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect. This does not release you from any responsibility for reporting an incident as mandated by the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Handle discipline promptly and in accordance with stated policy on discipline.
- Keep accurate attendance records and meal count reports.
- Greet each child and parent cheerfully upon arrival. Wish them well upon departure from the center. Handle any issues delicately and in confidence.
- Supervise playground activities. Circulate on the playground and interact with the children by extending their play.
- Report any injuries occurring while at the workplace immediately to the Director or Assistant Director and follow guidelines outlined in treatment plan.
- It is your full responsibility for the implementation of all policies and procedures for the classrooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com