Website Working World
Job Title: Teacher’s Aide
Job Duration: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: $8.25/hour
Hours: 8AM – 5PM
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
- High school diploma or GED
- ECE degree or previous experience in a license facility is preferred
- 1 year previous child care experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children at all times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals as a group. Familiarize yourself with Emergency Plan posted in each classroom –fire exits, tornado and lockdown drills.
- Assist assigned teacher in any way possible, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Plan curriculum in detail for assigned classes in partnership with the classroom teacher.
- Implement the room with bulletin boards, pictures, children’s art.
- Serve meals and/or snacks and sit with the children while they eat.
- Keep classroom, storage rooms, and bathroom clean and sanitary.
- Ability to lift children, equipment, supplies, etc. as necessary.
- Adhere to ExceleRate requirements and/or DCFS licensing.
- Participate in Parent/Teacher conferences twice per year as well as using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire and Teaching Strategies evaluation tool as screening tools for each child.
- Insure that playground time is supervised making sure that the children are safe and circulate continuously on the playground while interacting with each child.
- Plan curriculum activities to implement during playground time.
- Aides are required to attend local in-service workshops or conferences and must accumulate 20 hours of in-service training yearly. Employees are required to register with the Gateways Registry and check it periodically to make certain training is listed. They must also self report any non-verified training to the registry (e.g. First Aid and CPR).
- Report to Director and teacher any special needs or problems of children.
- Report to Director any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Keep accurate attendance and meal counts.
- Clean up after meals; take trash out after lunch; wipe spills as they occur; keep bathrooms and sink areas clean. Sanitize tables chairs, toys, etc. These routines are to be done daily.
- Greet each child and parent cheerfully upon arrival and wish them well upon departure from the center.
- Report any injuries occurring while at the workplace immediately to the Direct or Assistant Director and follow guidelines outlined in treatment plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com