Website Working World
Job Title: Wire Cutter/Machine Operator
Job Duration: Ongoing, possible temporary to hire
Pay Rate: 1st shift – $14/hour
2nd shift – $14.75/hour
Hours: 1st shift – 6:30am-3:00opm / mandatory overtime starts at 5:00am (can include Saturdays)
2nd shift – 3:30pm-12:00am / mandatory overtime ends at 2:00am (can include Saturdays) – Must train on 1st shift for 2 weeks
Location: Spring Grove, IL
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Lift boxes and spools of wire up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak, read, and write English required
- Mechanical skills/knowledge and machine operation experience
- Knowledge of wire cutting/terminating machine operation
- Ability to convert between fractions and decimal equivalents
- Ability to read a ruler to 1/64 of one inch
- Drug test mandatory
- Steel toe boots mandatory
- Must pass 2-page math test
- Use wire cutting machines to cut, strip, and terminate wire and cable for assemblies.
- Performs task in the areas of machine set up, machine operation, and machine general maintenance. May also use manual tools to cut and/or strip wire and cable.
- Identify proper specifications from cut sheets and job orders.
- Manually and digitally set up wire cutting machines to job specifications.
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of wire cutting machines for proper set up and operation.
- Inspect products to ensure within specifications.
- Minimize scrap through proper operation, maintenance, and set up of machines.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to see and differentiate colors. Corrected vision that allows reading of small alphanumeric letters at a distance of 12-18 inches
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com