Website Working World
Job Title: Tool Room Machinist
Job Duration: Temporary to Hire
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Hours: 7:30am to 4pm
Locations: McHenry, IL
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 to 5 years of manual Mill/Lathe machining experience
- 3 to 5 years Tool Maker experience
- Ability to read and interpret detail prints and assembly drawings.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have own basic tools
- Using manual machines working with aluminum and stainless steel.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machine.
- Work from sketches, verbal, and print information in order to produce projects according to specifications.
- Select the appropriate tools and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as Manual Mills/Lathes, Drill Press, Jig Bore, Sanders, Grinders, and other support equipment.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, depth micrometers, inside diameter gauges, and outside diameter gauges.
- Read and understand gauging sheets.
- Read and interpret blueprints to insure parts are being made according to specifications.
- Listen to machine and tooling to ensure machine and tooling are running properly.
- Operate hoist in order to load parts onto machining center, lathe, or mill.
- Takes job down efficiently (Tooling, cleaning fixtures, putting gauges back, etc).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org